Woohoo! The Christmas/Winter holidays are finally here and they couldn’t have come any quicker! I am so excited and relieved to finally have some time to sleep, eat rich foods, sleep some more and READ. Read all the time and totally for pleasure – one of the finest things in life. For the next two weeks, this is what you’ll find me doing (if I have any say at all haha!)…
- Persuasion by Jane Austen – I’ve kind of dropped the ball with this reread recently. My plan is to finish this in the next few days; I’m really close to the end and driving home tomorrow will be the perfect time to crack out the Librivox app for a listen (when I’m not bopping along to Christmas tunes, of course).
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – my other reread that is currently on the go. The past few days have been very hectic so I’ll be plowing through this one in my down time. So far it’s been just as good as I remembered.
- Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macromber – my final Christmas read, which I’m hoping to complete before Christmas Day. I loved dipping into my other Christmas read of this month (Let it Snow – see review here) so this will be a nice way to finish. I’m expecting fluffy, angsty cuteness from this read.
- The Muse by Jessie Burton – maybe now is finally the time to read this book. It’s been on numerous TBRs over the last few months. I remember finishing 2014 reading The Miniaturist so maybe this will be The Muse’s time?
plus any more that I can find the time to read!
I also love a spot of TV over the festive period – there’s nothing quite like curling up on the sofa with a box of chocolates and a good TV programme/movie. Here’s my selection over this holiday:
- The Crown (TV – Netflix) – I’ve watched the first three episodes of this show and LOVED them. I was rationing them because I know my Mum will love this show – mother daughter bonding time is definitely in the cards this holiday.
- Victoria (TV – my Mum’s new boxset which she has told me four times she wants to watch whilst I’m home). Yes, another show about a Queen. But I’m not complaining in the slightest.
- Sherlock (TV) – of course. Of course. My New Years Day plans are sorted.
- La La Land (Movie) – I think it’s coming out here in early January and I’m so excited!
Eeek, I’m squealing with excitement just reading this list. I can’t wait to do nothing but this. I’m so exhausted that this is the type of holiday which will heal me.
I hope you all have lots of good bookish plans for this winter period – cheers!