Okay, I’ve decided to combine this month’s wrap up and April’s TBR together because, if I’m honest, I’ve not been as successful with my March TBR as I’d hoped, and my April TBR is going to be explained more fully later in the month as many of the books on that list will be involved in a Readathon I’m going to be doing. (Phew, long sentence!) So, instead of being longwinded and repetitive, I thought I’d go for short and snappy. Good? Good. Here we go!
Blue Lily, Lily Blue & The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater – Series Review
Talked about these books already so I’m not going to go over it again. I completed the last two books in this series at the beginning of the month, and for more info click the series review link above!
The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers – Review
This had been a book I’d been waiting to read for ages and finally picked up this month. I enjoyed it a lot, even though it wasn’t my usual genre and I wasn’t quite sure what to expect – click the review button for more thoughts!
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
So I’ve been reading this book alongside another book, and in very short spurts because the end of term is always so busy. This is potentially the worst way to read a book like this one! I’m pretty sure I could have been swept away in this story – like so many other readers! – but it hasn’t happened yet. I’m enjoying it, and I’m hoping I like it more as I continue and pick up my reading pace a little.
All The Lights We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
This is the book I’m reading alongside ACOTAR. Maybe a bit of a strange mix but it’s fine. I’m really enjoying this one! It’s becoming really intriguing and thought-provoking, and I know it’s going to kick me right in the heart soon. I can’t wait!
The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Read/Unread/Currently Reading/Not Started
I’ve not managed to pick this up this month. I severely overestimated the amount of reading time I’d have close to the end of this month, so oh well. I think I might press pause on this book for a while – I don’t want to start too many series’ at once – but I’m sure I’ll pick it up for real sometime soon!
So, whilst I am reading, I haven’t completed as many books as I hoped to this month. Sad! Because of this, most of the unfinished books from this month will carry over to April!
My April TBR
to finish: A Court of Thorns and Roses, All The Lights We Cannot See
new reads for this month:
- Red Sister by Mark Lawrence – I got this in my Feb Illumicrate box and my hope was (is) to read this before/when it is released as I have an ARC. Seems like a book with a good premise that I could fly through.
- The Book Thief (re-read) by Markus Zusak – my Mum read this book for the first time last week and she’s spoken to me about it so much that it’s put me in the mood for a re-read. I can’t wait to fall in love with this novel all over again!
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman – I started this book a few years ago when I was in my Gaiman kick and put it down for some reason (I can’t remember what it was because I’m pretty sure I was enjoying it!). With the TV show coming soon, I want to try and get to it this month.
- #famous by Jilly Gagnon – because I want something cute, fun and easy. This seems like it ticks all those boxes.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas – I pre-ordered this book and it’ll be arriving in the middle of the month. I’m so excited to dive into this one. I feel like it’s going to be one of the most important books I read this year.
- plus a few more I haven’t decided on yet!
I know, I know! It seems like a LOT of books! I do, however, have two weeks holiday from work (HOORAY!) so I intend to spend most of my days in bed reading. Hopefully that’ll let me recuperate and get through this mammoth reading list! Plus, a readathon is always an incentive – more to follow on that soon!
Sending you good reading vibes for the month ahead!